Manhattan in the Bay Area


The more I plan a trip to Manhattan, the more I realize that there are a lot of things that have come over to the west coast.  The famous NYC-based Soup Man from Seinfield has a location in SF.  As does 'Wichcraft.  But the most surprising one was the Three Dancing Maidens fountain, which can be found in Central Park.  There an exact replica of the fountain in the bay area.  Crazy.

The one here is made out of copper and poorly kept, but it looks exactly like the bronze one in Manhattan.  It was originally in Germany and then put Ohio, but the family moved it to its final resting place in Burlingame, CA (behind their business).



To this day, it's hidden behind some small boutiques.  The area is actually a nice spot to sit and reflect.  It's under a tree, surrounded by rocks, and beside a small bench.  I've basically lived in Burlingame and wouldn't have known about it if I hadn't stumbled upon it in a travel guide.

Burlingame's actually pretty picturesque in certain sections.  Some of the architecture has that old European town feel (otherwise, it's very modern/sleek).

Comments

Popular Posts