soup!!
Winter and soups just go together, especially when I'm sick. To fight off that congestion and chill, I've been making lots of soups (from semi-scratch).
I love, love matzo ball soup, and it’s a major comfort food for me. Anyway, I was sick and craving some, but I didn’t want to buy the pre-made jarred variety, so I got the kind you make from a box (the cheapest at around $2 was Streit’s Matzo Ball & Soup Mix). It doesn’t sound too romantic, but it was just what I needed.
I love this soup pot! It was great going through the steps of making a matzo ball soup without actually having to buy the individual ingredients. I just added a fresh carrot, and it was great. The only problem is that they add a LOT of salt, so if you’re sick, you will definitely taste it, but otherwise, it’s a little strong. A great product, but I think next time I’ll try to make it from scratch. :)
I also really like wonton soup, and purposely made it from home rather than bought it from a restaurant. Taking the easy way out, I got the wonton's pre-made (inside there's shrimp and chinese cabbage). But I added some egg noodles, bok choy, and slices of lamb to a garlic and green onion broth. Yum, yum. :)

Comments
Post a Comment