eats


I love, love food.  Here are some snapshots of foods, homemade and close to home.

Popsicle molds are about the coolest things ever.  I got this snowman mold complete with snowflake handle for a dollar.  The mix here was greek yogurt and strawberry.


Did I mention the mold came as a set called "brothers"?  This is a pic of me and my sister's treats (i.e., sisters).  While not as pretty, this mix tasted a LOT better.  Strawberry and lemonade, which I've been told tastes just like Jamba.  Made the lemonade myself.  :)


The snowman molds are TINY, so I had to improvise and use anything vaguely the shape of a popsicle that was still small.  As sticks, I used plastic sporks.  I also experimented with the yogurt, lemonade and strawberry proportions to create a pretty rainbow assortment of pops.


Yeesh, cell pics are terrible.  This is the deconstructed samosa from Curry Up Now's restaurant (which opened up within walking distance from where I lived!).  LOVE the mini samosas.


Homemade popsicles get a little too icy, so I think I'm going to be a juice girl.  This is a mix of raspberry, lemonade, banana, and almond milk.  Pretty yummy and nutritious.  I think I may never go to Jamba again.


HOT POT!  I've been told I've had hot pot before, but this is honestly my first real memory of the experience.  Awesome food, and everything was very, very fresh.  My favorite was the kurobuta pork: thinly sliced, lean, and tasty!


Okay, can I say how awesome it is that a food truck gathering that happens every Monday is so close to where I live?  Anyway, lots of good food trucks here.  :)

Locations: San Mateo, CA

Comments

Popular Posts