souvenirs
Memory is a crazy woman that hoards colored rags and throws away food.
- Austin O'Malley
- Austin O'Malley
The running joke was that the musical guest, Bon Jovi, was taped. They made us clap after the tape rolled, and Conan laughed like he does, and said, 'I can't believe you made them clap. I'm so sorry about that everybody.' The taping felt especially made-for-tv because Paul Reubens was doing his Pee-wee bit, and Donald Faison, though I love him, had an especially stitled story. But it was worth it just to hear Conan whistle out.
My little tutees from AATP were little rascals and very sweet girls. I always lost on votes for whether we should keep doing a math worksheet.
They always reminded me how old I was (I don't have as much frantic energy), but at the same time, how young I am sometimes (I'm always curious about how things work).
My internship just happened to be at the same studio Better Off Ted was shot. It was pretty surreal to see them on the show in the same cafeteria I ate in. Our first office was actually right next door to the dressing room of the little girl who played Rose. One time, we heard them playing loud music and screaming; not sure what that was about! I ran into almost every one in the cast (I literally ran into Jay Harrington at a corner) except for Lem and Phil, who are a couple of my favorites. But my absolute favorite was Portia, whom I got to see a few times. Once, Portia and I were going through the same doorway on opposite sides, and like an idiot, I didn't step aside for her, so she kindly let me walk by first.
Somehow this evolved into accidental stalking. They also shot Mad Men here (never ran into anybody, but one time I saw a long line of men in suits walking side by side... pretty sure that was for Mad Man), and the Numb3rs trailers were everywhere, but alas, saw none of them.
Right before we snagged this pic with them, Aly & AJ got food. Needless to say, they were pretty distracted. This was at the Festival of Books at UCLA. It's almost impossible to live in LA, much less go to UCLA, and never have a celebrity story. I saw Bernadette Peters sing to a mass of little children, promoting her children's book, and I honestly don't remember why she ended up singing. Saw Brian Posehn do a bit, which I saw later in a talk show interview (kinda lame when that happens). Robert Ben Grant kept me laughing with his stories for long-form improve at the Upright Citizen's Brigade (even though I had no idea who he was!). I nearly rubbed elbows with OK Go members who were just walking around a courtyard right before their concert. The best one of all was a surprise. For a screening of Darjeeling Limited, Wes Anderson, Adrien Brody, and Roman Coppola came out on stage! It was every indie filmwatcher's dream.
My sister has brilliant ideas. That's all I'll say.
A rarity! Only one of my many great finds roaming San Francisco. :)
I've made two deliciously citriousy lemon pies in my life.
Got my first edible bouquet to cap off my internship for the county.
For nine months, I had a cube to call my own.

At first, I didn't even know what Watts' Towers were, or Watts' infamous reputation when I agreed to volunteer there. But everybody there was nice, and the art on some of those houses is amazing!
Fresh snow is amazing, as well as snow on branches.
We had a great, first-trip to Tahoe. The hike out there was well worth the pictures.
A beautiful end to a beautiful day.










Comments
Post a Comment